[AMPS] MORE ON PEP (TOM)

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] MORE ON PEP (TOM)
From: jmb@eden.com (John Bradley)
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 1997 13:08:47 -0600
Lou,

Tom was saying (I think) that Peak Envelope Power (PEP) is defined to be
the average power during one RF cycle at the peak of the modulation
envelope (usually audio frequency).  As defined, PEP must reflect the RMS
value of the peak voltage attained at the crest of the modulation envelope.
 This RMS value is meaningful because it refers to the time-varying
(sinusoidal) voltage at radio frequency, not the audio peak at which the
value is measured.

BTW, I agree.  Why build an amplifier at all if it's not as big as possible.

73- John
KK5MH