[AMPS] Alpha 374A

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Alpha 374A
From: n4uq@mindspring.com (Richard Byrd)
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 1997 14:01:41 -0500
Matt, your 374A likely has a bad tube.  Excessive PA current is sensed from
a cathode resistor and turns off your rig (hopefully before the fuse blows).
Often the tube will exhibit the short after a few seconds of filament operation.

The solution is obvious.  Try it with only one tube installed.  Then if it
trips off try the other tube.

Good Luck,
Dick