[AMPS] New AMP - still searching

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] New AMP - still searching
From: vk3ajj@speednet.com.au (vk3ajj)
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 1997 19:57:59 +1100
Dear Amp experts,

For a variety of reasons I did not proceed with my purchase of the Alpha
87A. For lack of any other alternative I am now looking at purchasing a
second hand AMP in the US (utilising e-mail classifieds)and shipping it to
VK. The three AMPs that take my fancy are the HF2500, the Alpha 91B and the
Ten Tec Titan. I thus seek reflector assistance in respect of the following
matters:

(1) Does anyone have one of these AMPS that they would be willing to sell?
(2) Which of these AMPs is considered best for general contesting and Dx
use? Should I be considering others (bear in mind I am looking for something
that will run up to 2kw out and is not too difficult to ship).
(3) How much should I be paying for a second hand unit in gud condx (I am
not in touch with the second hand market in the US)
(4)Do any of the big retailers in the US sell second hand AMPs (preferably
one with an internet page)
(5)I am currently enquiring about a second hand Ten Tec - what questions
should I be asking to establish its age and condx?
(6) Has anyone had experience in shipping one of these beasts to far off
places - ie can any one recommend a good way (or company) to freight the AMP?

Sorry for so many questions but if you can answer one or more please drop a
line to my e-mail address (meaningful contributors will be guaranteed a VK
160M multiplier in the next 5 CQWW contests - with the help of the new AMP
of course!!)

Regards

Paul (vk3ajj)
Paul G. Richards (vk3ajj@speednet.com.au)