[AMPS] Alpha 374

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Alpha 374
From: csudds@probe.net (Chuck Sudds)
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 1997 11:20:02 -0500
It appears that there is quite a wealth of knowledge on this reflector
concerning Alpha amps! So here are my questions:

1)   I have an old Model 374. I am able to get legal output + on 80-10
except 15M where it only puts out about 200W!! My 15M antenna has 1:1 SWR so
I know that this is not the problem.

2)   This amplifier also utilizes band-pass tuning, as an option, to
facilitate no tune up band changing. I rarely use this feature due to the
fact that the factory setting for this do not seem to be optimum for my
operating and the power output drops off significantly when used. Is there a
procedure to "peak" these settings in the field, so to speak?

3)   What about a mod for adding 160M or am I asking a bit too much for this
fine old amp? Also, what about manual tuning on some of the WARC bands??

4)   Any other mods or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance and Best DX to all!!

73,

Chuck Sudds  K0TVD
Missouri Valley, IA  USA