[AMPS] Puls tubes

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Puls tubes
From: sm3lbn@swipnet.se (Hakan Ericsson)
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 1997 09:10:13 -0800
Howdy Gentlemens.

What is the design difference between a tube intended for puls use and
a "normal" tube ?
What will the result be if I replace a 4-1000A with a 4PR1000A ?
Or a 4-400A to a 4PR400A ?
What about those puls tubes not having a brother intended for class AB ?
Can I use a 3X600/Y-872 in an 3-500Z amp ? Filament is the same, socket
is the same. For example, the 3X600 doesnt have any linear application
listed in the Eimac catalog. Does that mean that the 3X600 is useless
in a linear amp for ham radio ?
If puls tubes are no good to use, then why ?

73's Hakan