[AMPS] part 97 1500 W out

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] part 97 1500 W out
From: measures@vc.net (Rich Measures)
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 97 00:27:29 -0800

Yes indeed, Peter.  With a C-filter HV supply, the difference is
typically substantial.  However, with a resonant-choke filter, the
difference is insignificant.
A case in point: the TS-830S transceiver.  According to my HP model 1807
oscilloscope, keydown output is 100v-peak (100w).  However, using a 30%
duty-cycle tuning pulser, the output is 120v-peak (144w pep).    The
reason?  The anode and screen voltages sag more with the 'hammer down'
than with a duty-cycle that simulates a human voice.
Rich---

R. L. Measures, 805-386-3734, AG6K