[AMPS] Collins 30S1 Improvements

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Collins 30S1 Improvements
From: philk5pc@connect.net (Phil Clements)
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 1997 09:34:30 -0500
At 10:41 AM 4/13/97 -0700, you wrote:
>I don't understand.  What does a 1:1 isolation transformer do for you?
>
>More to the point, how is it connected?

The a.c. voltage to the screen supply is increased by adding 115v to the
normal
supply voltage obtained from terminals 10 and 11 of the main power
transformer.
A 100 watt 115/115 volt isolation transformer (such as UTC model 73) is set on
the shelf abovr the main power transformer. The supply to the transformer is
connected to terminals 3 and 3 of the main power transformer, and the wire
connected
to terminal 10 of the main power transformer is disconnected and
reconnected to  one
of the output leads on the isolation transformer. The other output lead
from the
isolation transformer is connected to terminal 10 of the main power
transformer.
Remove the tube from its socket, connect a d.c. voltmeter across capacitor
C204
(40 mfd electrolytic) mounted on the back of the lower compartment;the
upper wire
is positive. Energize the 30S1 with front panel removed, allowing time for
the delay
relay to operate; hold interlock button in and press ON button. (caution-
h.v. in
cabinet now!) Voltmeter should read 300 volts. If it reads 100 volts, the
supply
leads connected at terminals 2 and 3 should be reversed.

(((73)))
Phil, K5PC