[AMPS] Shipping Amps

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Shipping Amps
From: w4an@contesting.com (Bill Fisher, W4AN)
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 1997 22:42:32 -0400 (EDT)
I have had absolutely NO luck shipping amplifiers.  I just sold an FL7000
that worked perfectly when I last used it.  I ship it to Arizona.... it
doesn't work.  Shipped on FedEx.  Box showed no damage.

I sell my Henry 3K Premier that just came back from Henry where they tested
it on all bands.  I didn't even take it out of the box.  Ship it to North
Carolina... it doesn't work.  Shipped on FedEx.  Box showed no damage.

I buy a Henry 3K Premier (same as above) last year.  Have UPS pack it and
ship it.  They drop it out of the bottom of the box.

The only amps that I have purchased that have worked have been ones that I
had shipped by motor freight on a pallet.

>From now on my amps are for local pick up only.  This is WAY too much grief.

73

Bill, W4AN

Bill Fisher, W4AN (EX KM9P)