[AMPS] Shipping Amps

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Shipping Amps
From: mikemr@nwlink.com (Michael Mraz)
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 1997 10:14:33 -0000
I just shipped an Alpha 87A (actually I checked it on an airline flight). I
built
a heavy-duty plywood box with handle to carry the power transformer (which
was removed before shipping). Everything was fine when it got home.

I also bought excess liability coverage from the airline. It cost $1 per $100 of
value up to a maximum of $5000. So for $37.50 I was able to insure the amp
for (almost) its replacement value (the airline covers the first $1250 and I
paid
for the remaining $3750). Not a bad deal actually.

The transformer box made quite a thump when it slid down the baggage carousel!

73   Mike   N6MZ