[AMPS] Re: your mail

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Re: your mail
From: measures@vc.net (Rich Measures)
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 97 11:38:16 -0800
>Well then Rich those who want to run lots of power on 30 should get the
>rules changed.
You may be someone who never drove over 55mph on the Interstates when
that was the speed limit.  I did.  Mohandas K. Gandhi called it 'civil
disobediance'.
> How much power do you run on 7,258 or where ever the "war
>zone" is ?
It's called the Combat Zone, Pete---and not without a reason I might add.
 The amount of power I ran was whatever it took to be heard over the
jamming.  When the jamming was light, or the propagation poor,  I used an
SB-220.  When the jamming was heavy, I ran the tetrode with handles at
9kV amp.---which delivered 12kW to the feedpoint of the 40m dipole.  The
feedline loss was around 1.3kW.  Some of the jammers said that I did not
play fair.  This may be true---but I did not lie about the amount of
power I was using.
Rich---

R. L. Measures, 805-386-3734, AG6K