[AMPS] Toroid

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Toroid
From: sm3lbn@swipnet.se (Hakan Ericsson)
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 1997 08:49:24 -0700
Hi folks.
A technical question for a change.

I replaced my 3kva singel phase HV transformer with a 1100VA toroid
transformer.(output V is the same)
The voltage drop is 300 volt less with the toroid transformer.
The secondary R is 37 ohm in the "normal" transformer.
The secondary R is 18 ohm in the toroid transformer.
Is the less sag a result of the lower R ? Or ,is a toroid transformer
better, more effektive than a "normal" transformer ?
What is the pro's and con's regarding toroid HV transformers ??

If the lower R is the answer, why don't I see a similar improvement
when using 2 identical "normal" transformers in parallell ?

73's Hakan