[AMPS] Alpha models: 91B vs. 89

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Alpha models: 91B vs. 89
From: kl7ra@icefog.gcgo.nasa.gov (KL7RA Fairbanks Alaska)
Date: Tue, 06 May 97 16:10:47 utc
Jeff
I can't compare the two as I only have the 91b, but would like to
give an input.

I have used the 91b in both cw and ssb contests full blast with
zero problems. It was used full break-in during the CW sprint. No
outboard fan.

I have tested just about every shut-down circuit in the amp as I
have a problem remembering to switch bands.  My other amps are
mono-banders or auto band switchers.

I think it is very well made, tunes by the numbers, 2000+ on 160
thru 10 and so far, trouble free.

Noise??? I guess I have been ruined by my wart hog homebrew amps.
Now they make noise. This amp is absolutely "quite" to me. After I
turn the AF gain up on my radio the 91b fan noise is gone.

I think its a great amp for the bucks. AND I get to say that
because I have 16 amps.
Rich  KL7RA