[AMPS] Re: amp input tuned circuits

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Re: amp input tuned circuits
From: JEH@on.mobile.telia.se (Jan-Erik Holm)
Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 12:12:23 GMT+1
> Try to ask few well-known contest teams from old soviet
> republics,serbs, slovens or croats what amplifiers are they
> using. I have nothing against the use of power but I want it
> "smart & green" not " brute & dirty ".
>
> By the way, I was shocked to heard few days ago a well known
> contest operator telling to Martti, OH2BH how he's working on
> WPX SSB: 4kW output from a 1955 class "C" russian amplifier
> used for jamming "Voice of America" in the cold war and
> deliberate use of a 20dB's of compression to keep some
> competitors far away from his frequency. Another famous 9A
> contester is using an old 5KW 13.56MHz heating oscillator.
> I can hear him 25KHz around his frequency,from 1000 miles
> distance and the problem is not on my FT-1000D front-end or
> filtering.
>
> 73 de Morel, 4X1AD

Maybe this is for the contest reflector but I cant resist to make
a small comment.
As long as the contest committee doesnt do anything to those
dirty amps/signals ofenders nothing will hapen. For years and
years I have tried to tell two big ofenders ( EM2I and UU5J )
no way will they ever listen. So who will loose ?  Yes you and me
and everybody but the dirty signal fellows will win the contest.
Sorry if this comment is missplaced, you can always flame me.
Ten years ago if you told someone about splatter you might get
a quite polite answer but these days the guys just tells you
to get lost but in words that doesnt look too good in print.

73 de Jim SM2EKM

Ps: But these day people doesnt even use propher call signs so
      why be surprised if the splatter etc. etc.