[AMPS] Cetron 572B tubes

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Cetron 572B tubes
From: ww5l@gte.net (Thomas L. Anderson, Jr.)
Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 09:34:01 -0700
Thanks for reading this.

Need a little help finding some Cetron 572B tubes for my Yaesu FL2100B
amp (yes, I'm just a little pistol, but 500-700 watts works fine for me
execpt when trying to work BS7H).  At least one of the finals has gone
south and max output is now limited to about 350 watts.  It used to hit
700+ when the finals were new after Yaesu replaced them and did some
other work on it.  I know Svetlana makes a 572B that is supposed to be
fairly heavy duty, or so I've been told, but major circuit modifications
are necessary to use that tube, so the Svetlana people tell me.  Anyone
have a source for Cetron? I understand they are more expensive than the
Svetlana or similar Chinese brand.  Any help appreciated.

Tom, WW5L  (Hope to see some of you in Dayton, I'll be the t-shirt
person with the VK0IR group.)