[AMPS] Experience with K2AW rectifiers anyone?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Experience with K2AW rectifiers anyone?
From: km1h@juno.com (km1h@juno.com)
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 13:33:18 EDT
On Wed, 28 May 1997 11:13:51 -0400 (EDT) Patrick Croft <mai@iquest.net>
writes:

>The high volume consumer market and the throw-away user cycle has
>allowed
>the culls of production to find a home also.  I'm not saying all
>consumer
>rated components are junk, just that most are on the lower end of the
>quality scale.  This includes microwave diode blocks.

So very true Pat. One only has to thumb thru "Asian Sources" or
"Electronic Components" to locate the manufacturers of those blocks.

 If anyone is still interested in the subject, those diodes carry a
rating of 750ma in oven service. I guess they have enough headroom to
handle 1A  or a bit more in ham service but I most certainly would not
want to run them at 3A ; that is just the kind of thinking that gives
hams such a poor reputation for exceeding ratings.

I noticed in Ian's post that 6A diodes are coming down in price. My only
experience with that rating is the Motorola MR760. Perhaps someone can
suggest alternate part numbers.

On a related subject, what are the feelings about paralleling diodes for
increased current capacity?  Any caveats? Configuration considerations?

73....Carl   KM1H