[AMPS] Tetrode Amp articles needed

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Tetrode Amp articles needed
From: measures@vc.net (Rich Measures)
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 97 14:40:56 -0700
>Hi Terry,
>
>> I would use the power output control that is on most all the transceivers
>> these days to not drive the AB1 amp into grid current.
>> Terry - W6TG
>
>I would too, if it worked properly. Unfortunately, those controls
>more often than not allow the exciter to overshoot on leading edges.

True indeed, Mr. Rauch.  I have seen 170 overshoot watts out of some
transceivers even though the power is adjusted to 100w, key down on cw.
It seems to me that the simplist solution is to adjust the grid bias
voltage so that the exciter can not produce grid current, despite leading
edge overshoot.  Grid current in Class AB1 is bad news.
Rich---

R. L. Measures, 805-386-3734, AG6K