Fwd: Re: [AMPS] re:4-250A

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Fwd: Re: [AMPS] re:4-250A
From: measures@vc.net (Rich Measures)
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 97 23:00:57 -0700
To: <amps@contesting.com>
>> Date:          Fri, 18 Jul 97 15:37:00 +0000
>
>> Rich comments;
>>
>> >I agree that you do indeed have RF negative feedback.  I do not agree
>> >that grid current decreases distortion in any grid-driven
>> configuration.
>> >Rich---
>>
>> Rich, there's a body of opinion that doesn't agree with you. ... ...
>
>Add me to that body. ...snip...

 I looked at the characteristic curves for a number of tetrodes and
pentodes in common cathode/grid-driven configuration.  Without exception,
when grid current begins to flow, the curves begin to warp.  The more
grid current, the more warp, and decrease in linearity.

How many Eimac tubes are listed for "Class AB2 grid-driven linear"
service, Messrs. Chadwick and Rauch?
Rich---

R. L. Measures, 805-386-3734, AG6K