[AMPS] re:4-250A

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] re:4-250A
From: wa2moe@doitnow.com (Stu Greene)
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 12:03:02 -0700
At 07:30 PM 7/29/97 BST, you wrote:

>These two postings create a paradox.  In view of the `fact' that Part
>97 is not the law, how does one learn where the band edges actually
>are in order to keep the splatter contained within them :-)
>-----
Tony..in the United States a regulation or rule issued by an authority or
commission to which our Congress has delegated such authority IS ithe law
of the land until or unless a Federal Court decides that (a) the issuing
authority exceeded its power or (b) the regulation or rule is inconsistent
with the statute.  In this case, a court would have to find that Part 97
was beyond the powers of the FCC to issue or that the provisions of Part 97
being challenged violate the Communications Acts passed by Congress.

Part 97 is the law of the land, even in W6 land.  73