[AMPS] re:4-250A

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] re:4-250A
From: w8jitom@postoffice.worldnet.att.net (w8jitom@postoffice.worldnet.att.net)
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 09:38:04 +0000
> From:          amps@microvst.demon.co.uk (Anthony R. Gold)
To: <amps@contesting.com>
> Date:          Mon, 28 Jul 97 21:58:36 +0000

I've heard Rich make this incorrect statement several times. You are
correct Tony.

> In message <19970722032009.AAA7862@[205.231.11.81]> Rich Measures writes:
>
> > The legal limit on splatter inside a ham band is essentially that the
> > splatter can not extend outside the ham band.
>
> That is NOT the essence of the law on this point.  This is the law:
>
> S 97.307 Emission standards.
>    (a) No amateur station transmission shall occupy more bandwidth than
> necessary for the information rate and emission type being transmitted, in
> accordance with good amateur practice.

SK Carl, W8LAD was cited on 160 for having a signal ten KHz wide
when he was on 1828 KHz. He protested, but the FCC told him his
station was not being operated in accordance to good engineering
practices.

Any emissions less than state of the art for amateur service, or
extending out of your authorized band segment, are grounds for
violation.

73, Tom W8JI