[AMPS] Grid dissipation

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Grid dissipation
From: w8jitom@postoffice.worldnet.att.net (w8jitom@postoffice.worldnet.att.net)
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 1997 21:40:50 +0000
To: <amps@contesting.com>
> Date:          Thu, 7 Aug 97 22:13:28 +0000

> but I have in my hand a 7 page, stapled, yellow at the top, 8 x 11 data
> sheet that has Eimac all over it, which states on page 2 at the bottom
> under 'absolute maximum ratings':  'GRID DISSIPATION ..........25 WATTS'

I'll trust your word, hi.  I have some older sheets but nothing that
old for the 8877.

The data sheets I have indicate 20 watts, although the Quick
Reference Selection Guide says 25.  For every example of different
classes of operation, the data sheets plainly say 20 watts max... as
did CPI the last time I talked to them.  I suppose its possible
they lowered the rating, or either the current data sheets or the
old ones are misprints.

Of course no matter what, the important thing is to use some kind of
fast electronic overload protection for the grid. A 100 watt exciter
can easily cook the 8877's grid...whether its 20 or 25 watts.

73 Tom