[AMPS] No Zap

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] No Zap
From: measures@vc.net (Rich Measures)
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 97 01:19:32 -0800
>I have been rebuilding an old, abused and abandoned homebrew amp recently
>(sounds like a job for a social worker) with input from contributors to
>this group. One writer suggested I be cautious in assuming the integrity
>of the bleeder resistors even if they look intact. During my initial test
>of the power supply (17 VAC in and 500 VDC out!) the two filter capacitors
>discharged very slowly. Both of my "looked good" bleeders were open.
>
>Thanks to my trusty grounding stick there was no zaps left in the caps
>when I went back to work on the PS.
>
>Who's got bleeders to sell?

Ron:  We sell Matsushita 100k-ohm 3w MOF resistors.  They are long-term
stable in value and typically within 0.3% of the marked resistance.  So
far we have sold over 4.000 of them, and so far none have reportedly
failed.
- The price is $0.48 each.  Shipping is $1.  Pay by cheque from the
invoice.  For more information, see:
http://www.vcnet.com/measures

Rich---

R. L. Measures, 805-386-3734, AG6K