[AMPS] GLA-1000 tube size

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] GLA-1000 tube size
From: w3am@juno.com (w3am@juno.com)
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 1997 02:25:34 -0700
On Sun, 31 Aug 1997 01:10:53 EDT nospam4me@juno.com (Skip S Isaham)
writes:
>Re:  Dentron GLA-1000x retrofit to the Svetlana EL-509

Skip:

Mine looks like it only has about 0.5 inches below the chassis before you
hit the bottom cover.  The sockets currently sit on top of the PCB about
0.45 inches.  I guess if you moved the PC board to the bottom of the
chassis and lowered it slightly with shims or washers, and perhaps found
shallower sockets, you might pick up maybe a maximum of a quarter inch??
That might be just enough to squeeze in the EL509's.  You'd have to
insulate the bottom cover well, just in case.

I'd still rather have a heftier tube in there that won't pop after 15
seconds of keydown.

Waddaya think?

Gary
W3AM