[AMPS] Parasitic suppressors

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Parasitic suppressors
From: km1h@juno.com (km1h @ juno.com)
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 1997 16:12:57 EDT
On Sun, 31 Aug 97 11:31:40 -0800 Rich Measures <measures@vc.net> writes:

>>On Sun, 31 Aug 1997 07:08:12 +0200 lars.harlin@pocab.se (Lars Harlin)
>>writes:
>>>Have followed the discussions abt VHF parasitics on the reflector
>and
>>>other media.  Has anyone tried using ferrit in a suppressor?
>>>
>>>Lars / SM3BDZ
>>>

>>The only amps I am aware of were the Heath SB-230 ...
>
>In the SB-230, the ferrite bead is only in series with the HV-RFC.  It
>is
>not in series with the anode's VHF-resonant circuit - i.e., the
>circuit
>which supports oscillation.

There were 2 bead placements used by Heath. The QST review mentioned the
Heath change bulletin to the wiring  "to eliminate a parasitic problem"
on 10M.
The SB-230 manual I have shows, in the pictorial, a standard arrangement,
not in series. I do not know which version was the later but I always
rewired anyway with a real suppressor. The 8873 costs more now than a
clean SB-220!

73...Carl   KM1H