[AMPS] Best HV Glitch Resistor Value/Location ?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Best HV Glitch Resistor Value/Location ?
From: km1h@juno.com (km1h @ juno.com)
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 1997 14:06:18 EST
On 6 Nov 97 08:35:00 -0600 wstrahl@nwsca.nw.lucent.com writes:
>Advice being sought from the 'experts'.....
>
>I have an Amp Supply LK-800C which uses three 3CX800A7's in grounded
>grid configuration.  Plate voltage usually hovers around 2400 and I
>guess it is theoretically capable of being loaded to 1800ma plate
>current,
>though I've never been able to quite achieve that...I really prefer to
>have it 'loaf' a little.
>
>Question is -- what is the best value and location for a good B+
>glitch
>resistor?  It's a bit compact around the plate choke/tube area.

The LK-800A ( I dont know about the C version)  already has a resistor
mounted on the center partition on the RF side. It however is a poor
value. Replace with a 10-15 Ohm 20-25W enamelled wirewound. Keeping it on
the RF side adds a bit of extra help for any RF that gets past the plate
choke. You may even wish to bypass it with 1000pf or so.

73  Carl  KM1H

..I was