[AMPS] more power more TVI??

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] more power more TVI??
From: km1h@juno.com (km1h @ juno.com)
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 1997 11:47:31 EST
On Tue, 11 Nov 1997 14:03:23 -0000 "Geurts, Gerard" <ggeurts@amp.com>
writes:
>>Hi to the High POWER community,
>>
>>one of my radio buddies who has a big amp (> 1 KW) reported if he
>>uses his transceiver without the linear he produces lots of TVI
>>(wracked all channels ...).
>>
>>Using the transceiver with the amp at full power no TVI occurs.
>>He mentioned that the signal is much clearer with the linear.
>>I ever thought that more power means more TVI ...
>>How about my friends statement? Is it realy true? What's your
>>experience?
>
>TRX bad harmonic suppression, probably wide band solid state. Loads of
>TVI.
>
>Power amplifier tuned input, high Q tuned output, may be even PI-L.
>Less
>harmonics, less TVI.
>
>Gerard, PA3DQW / AA3ES

Also consider that these broadband amps do not like VSWR since the output
filters performance degrades. A quality LP filter would be indicated and
use ferrites over the coax between the xcvr and the LP filter. This will
help force the RF thru the filter and not around it. Keep that cable very
short.

73   Carl   KM1H

>>Life is too short for TVI

AND QRP