[AMPS] : Peter Dahl Transformer Alpha 77

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] : Peter Dahl Transformer Alpha 77
From: km1h@juno.com (km1h @ juno.com)
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 1997 20:25:24 EST
The following is forewarded for anyone needing some old iron and not
wanting to get raped at Dahl's.
His addr is   mtnman@ncia.net    An 18 wheel driver so not always a fast
reply.

Contact him ...NOT me.

73   Carl   KM1H

It is definately out of an Alpha 77,Is a hypercel.
 It is brand new and was never even used,the guy I bought it off had a
hotter Peter Dahl made for his amp and took this one out of the amp when
he got it brand new>>I just dont understand some people.
 It has 2 120 volt primaries>>2 5 volt@10amp filiment windings,a 44volt
secondary winding that runs the blower it isconnected in (buck)to the
main primary so when the primary sags under load more voltage is applied
to the blower.A nice feature so the blower isnt running full bore all
the time.It has a 1800V and 2800V taps at 1.2amps continuous.
 So thats the scoop>>cost new $350 to $400 as far as I can find out and
I want $200 and will soon advertise.

 I have quite a few large RF parts such as vac caps and vacuum
variables,and I do mean LARGE like 32 to 50 kv stuff.I need to start
thinning some of this stuff out or start building something really big.

 I got a serious filiment xfmr>>15v@22amps or 2>7.5v@52amps for the
serious QRP enthusiest<<LOL>>Got a 4-1000,chimney and socket