[AMPS] Henry 3K

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Henry 3K
From: measures@vc.net (Rich Measures)
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 97 09:09:25 -0800
>    Picked up a 3K last week. Anybody modify one of these to 160?
>                                                    Aloha, Al
I have heard about two in which 160m coverage was added, Al.  It should
be easier than a SB-220 because you have separate 80m and 75m bandswitch
positions.  The 80m position can be converted to 160m, and the 75m part
of the tank can be modified to cover more kilohertz.
-  There is an article about adding 160m in the January 1989 *QST*.
IMO, the stock fil. choke will do, the HV-RFC is going to need a helper
choke in series, and you are probably going to need a vacuum relay.  I
have a 3K diagram if you want to talk the project over on the telephone.
-   If I was inside a 3K, I would add high speed switching so that the 3K
would be compatible with modern transceivers.  The additional cost is c.
$62.
Rich...

R. L. Measures, 805-386-3734, AG6K