[AMPS] HV filter capacitors

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] HV filter capacitors
From: dail@CEBAF.GOV (Walter Dail)
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 1998 08:07:50 -0500
Use the oil filled cap. Oil filled caps unlike electrolytics do
not dry out over time and break down. Usually electrolytics are
used because they are usually cheaper than a comparable oil
filled unit (new). Unlike grid bias supplies, the plate supply can
tolerate a certain amount of ripple and everything will still
be OK. The oil filled unit also won't require voltage equalizing
resistors across it.
Keep one hand in your pocket!

Later,
Walter