[AMPS] RF choke for SB-1000

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] RF choke for SB-1000
From: rakefet@rakefet.com (Vic Rosenthal)
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 1998 14:08:46 -0800
I obtained an SB-1000 with a damaged plate RF choke.  I've rewound it several
times,
but I am having difficulty getting it to work properly on all bands 160-10
meters.
Currently the one I made has its first series resonance at about 17 mHz, and I
suspect this is the reason for poor output on the bands 18 mHz. and higher.

Does anyone have an appropriate choke that they would like to sell me or
specifications for winding a choke that will work on all bands including 160-10
meters?  I believe that the SB-1000 is substantially identical to the Ameritron
AL-80
(single 3-500z), but I thought I'd try here before ordering a spare from them.

Vic K2VCO