[AMPS] Benefit

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Benefit
From: w4eto@rmii.com (Richard W. Ehrhorn)
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 1998 23:17:01 -0000
Hi Jon...

Generally agree with you, but IMHO if (for instance) you're trying to work
VK0IR through a 20M pileup the 1.76 dB difference between 1.0 & 1.5 kW may
considerably shorten your wait.

Also, if you're using a nice beam with, say, a 40' boom - on any band - I
think it'll take a lot of aluminum and sweat to squeeze another 1.76 dB out
of it!

73,    Dick