[AMPS] ARCING MORE

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] ARCING MORE
From: jono@webspun.com (Jon Ogden)
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 98 10:49:45 -0500
>It may be. Once the capacitor arced and the plates became deformed
>the arc persisted. The original cause of the arc was operator error,
>much of that cause will be treated by the extraction of the cost of
>the repairs from the users bank balance and lost free time during
>a major opening etc.

Excuse me if I am dense, but how can operator error produce an arc?  If
the amp is completely stable and bullet proof to begin with and no
components are damaged, how did the arc begin?  Sure operator error could
have damaged another component and that failure caused the arc. That
component would need to be replaced as well as the cap.

I'd definitely follow AG6K's advice and check the parasitic supressor
resistor resistance.

Jon Ogden

jono@webspun.com
www.qsl.net/ke9na