Fw: [AMPS] Re: Cooling of Tubes (QRO HF-2000)

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Fw: [AMPS] Re: Cooling of Tubes (QRO HF-2000)
From: qrotec@bright.net (qrotec)
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 12:57:19 -0400
Mr. Clements description of the cooling of the 3-500Z tubes is exactly what
occurs in the HF-2000. We also get cooling air on the base of the tube. Use
of the caps on the tubes is open to debate. My experience for light duty SSB
and CW use has found they are not required. The primary objective of the
HF-2000 is to provide a legal limit amplifier that is almost whisper quite.
This has been achieved. If you want to run the HF-2000 in a high duty cycle
mode, we recommend an external muffin fan (50 CFM) be placed on top of the
amplifer directly above the tubes. This provides the necessary cooling for
high duty cycle.

73's

Ray C. KB8VU
QRO Technologies, Inc. http://www.qrotec.com