[AMPS] parasitics

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] parasitics
From: km1h@juno.com (km1h@juno.com)
Date: Mon, 04 May 1998 19:53:35 EDT

>>This is why I have a problem with the parasitic theory.
>>
>?  Who can say what the maximum peak cathode current is when a cloud
>of electrons has built up around a 3-500Z cathode, prior to a one-shot
>event?  .  .  The next time you discover a filament-grid shorted
>3-500Z, Peter, it might be interesting to measure the resistance of
>the VHF suppressor resistor, Rs.

Now we have a parasitic cloud?  All them little buggers are having a
love-in around the cathode until they decide it is time for an
orgasm....is that the latest theory?
Or would it be more likely that the poor old Rs got damaged from the
millisecond 100A.... or whatever the actual value....from a gas
discharge?

IMO, if everyone were to retrofit their amps with a properly selected HV
surge resistor there would no longer be any need to continue much of  the
flatulence on this reflector.  A suitable 25W Ohmite resistor is a
whopping $3.29 at Mouser; a 50W version is $4.75....no minimum $ order at
Mouser either.

73  Carl  KM1H

>cheers
>Rich...
>
>R. L. Measures, 805-386-3734, AG6K
>

>--

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]