[AMPS] parasitics

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] parasitics
From: jono@webspun.com (Jon Ogden)
Date: Mon, 4 May 98 20:09:35 -0500
>>This is why I have a problem with the parasitic theory.
>
>As do most people that bother to examine the process instead of asking
>pointless questions or suggesting even more after the fact meaningless
>tests.

Oh...so asking questions is now pointless?  I see, we just gotta take
everything on straight belief!

Ok Carl, I have asked SEVERAL other times for theories for YOUR view of
things, but haven't gotten any.  I am perfectly willing to listen to what
you say on these.  How can I make up my mind on anything w/o hearing all
sides?

Just one thing Carl, Rich told me that in the 3-500Z's that he has
analyzed, he hasn't seen any carbon scoring marks that would indicate an
arc.  EVERY and I mean EVERY arc that I have ever seen leaves plenty of
carbonization around the area where the arc occured.  So, please include
in your theories how an arc can occur that leaves no carbonization.

In the last analysis, I think we will find something totally different
than what we have all thought - TUBE GREMLINS.  My theory is that these
little creatures are added to the 3-500Z's by the manufacturers.  They
are aroused from their hibernation by the filaments heating up.  Since
they are trapped inside the filament helix and since they don't really
like heat, they bang on it trying to get out and escape.  Finally, the
helix bends, the tube goes kaput and the gremlins get relief from the
heat.  I know we've never seen them cause they are invisible to the
spectrum of light that our eyes can detect.  Why do the manufacturers
insert them into the tubes?  It's easy:  MARKETING...That way you have to
buy a new set of 3-500Z's every so often!

To me the Gremlin Theory makes total sense!

chuckles...

Jon
KE9NA

Jon Ogden