[AMPS] Re:

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Re:
From: km1h@juno.com (km1h@juno.com)
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 22:47:55 EDT
On Tue, 12 May 98 21:25:05 -0800 Rich Measures <measures@vc.net> writes:

>Yes, like a Mumetal cures-all VHF parasitic suppressor.  However, vhf
>parasites have a well-earned reputation of popping up when you least
>expect it.

I have never said any suppressor is a cure all, yours, mine or whatever.
So quit trying to twist words again Rich.

>>>As has been previously pointed out, there is no guarantee that the
>series
>>>cap will work on every antenna combination. With a Bird dummy load
>there
>>>is no problem. With the average feedline to say a tribander being
>100' or
>>>so the flat loss in the coax will flatten out the VSWR antenna
>response
>>>at VHF/UHF.

>Amen.  The 80m Tank L in a SB-220 is 10uH.  At the parasitic frequency

How did we get to parasitics again?  You have got a one track mind. I am
talking about tank circuit resonances....assuming that the parasitic has
already been suppressed with your wonderful nichrome or a conventional
suppressor.

Anyway I believe that
>of
>110MHz, this represents 6910 ohms of reactance essentially in series
>with
>the antenna, which is typically shunted by 1000pF or so of Load-C.
>.

So Rich, lots stop drifting all around the amp and stick to one area...is
that too hard to do?  No parasitics to concern yourself, and a pure 50
Ohm load at the antenna port.

73  Carl  KM1H

>cheers
>Rich...
>
>R. L. Measures, 805-386-3734, AG6K
>

>--

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]