[AMPS] Re: Parasitics

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Re: Parasitics
From: jono@webspun.com (Jon Ogden)
Date: Sat, 16 May 98 15:37:22 -0500
>One Jr engineer with virtually no tube amp experience got wound up about
>Q. Since I was talking about commercial amps with 1000+ quantities in the
>real world hands of us mortals, I chose to ignore again a posting that
>offered no meaningful input.

Sorry Carl, I was a Senior Engineer when I left my engineering job.
Please get your facts straight.

Also, tube or solid state:  IT DOESN'T MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE!    Somehow, I
think that you think less of me because I have never designed any tube
amps.  Last time I checked Q was the same in tube amps or in solid state
amps.

Is this some new kind of junk science that I should know about?

And where did I get wound up about Q?  I posted a simple response to a
question of Rich's.  And it was not about a 4-1000A amplifier.

>For those that missed some of this I have chosen the Heath SB-220 as the
>primary focus. Some drifting off subject is fine but at least stick to
>something that most readers know,own and understand.  I have no problem
>with someone interjecting any other single or dual 3-500Z amp...but
>please, no 4-1000A or tubes with handles  or SS please...it just confuses
>everyone.

Oh..I see.  We can only discuss 3-500Z style amps on this reflector.
Somehow, any other tube types just don't apply.  So perhaps this should
be called the 3-500Z group instead of the AMPS group.

Again: Do bandswitches, parasitics, supressors, Tune C's, etc. magically
change characteristics when you change tubes?

73,

Jon
KE9NA

Jon Ogden