[AMPS] Re: Parasitics

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Re: Parasitics
From: jono@webspun.com (Jon Ogden)
Date: Thu, 21 May 98 22:49:19 -0500
>> >For example, I can use a MFJ-259 Antenna analyzer (or the new
>> >MFJ Antenna Analyzer that measures R and X, return loss, reflection
>> >angle, and other parameters) or any other signal source to excite the
>> >cathode (or anode)
>>
>> Tom,
>>
>>The small signal level present on one of these instruments will do
><snip>
>> or such with a small signal but certainly not in AB or B where the
>> driving signal effectively biases the tube.
>
>I might not have been clear enough Jon.  I specifically stated the
>function of the device was to supply a signal source, and that is
>all.
>
>I believe I specifically stated you had to use a detector to measure
>transmission loss through the tube, and that the system was
>"cold". '
>
>You are talking about something entirely different.

Perhaps I misunderstood you, Tom.  It sounded like you were saying that
you could use one of the MFJ analyzers to measure the input return loss
and reflection angle of a tube.  And I am saying that one of these
devices does not have enough signal to properly excite the tube into the
large signal operational area.

If you and I are talking about two different things, OK.  And I don't see
the benefit of measuring insertion loss through a cold tube.  Please
explain.

73,

Jon
KE9NA