[AMPS] Triode Amp Out/In isolation

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Triode Amp Out/In isolation
From: jono@webspun.com (Jon Ogden)
Date: Thu, 28 May 98 00:00:46 -0500
>Doing some teswting on my 8938 Stripline (K1FO) design amplifier and found
>the output to input isolation (at
>tuned frequency to be 14dB.  This is about the operational gain of the
>amp.  The isolation is over 50dB andf
>even exceeds 80dBat all other freqs from 100Khz to 1Ghz.  Is this an ok
>figure for a GG triode amp?  Its always
>been stable during normal use, never a snap, crackle, or pop...
>
>Comments...Insight?

Sounds awfully low in general for S12, but I know in a GG amp, part of
the driving power shows up at the output.  So, I would assume that if
part of the input power shows up at the output, then your S12 would not
necessarily be all that large as well.  It's just due to the
configuration of that particular design.

73,

Jon
KE9NA

Jon Ogden