[AMPS] Re: your mail

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Re: your mail
From: garyk9gs@solaria.sol.net (Gary Schwartz)
Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 21:57:45 -0500 (CDT)
On Thu, 28 May 1998, W9JA Paul Hellenberg wrote:

> I have been told by more than one person that 8877s are used in some type
> of hospital equitment (CAT or MRI) and that these are changed out from time
> to time based on number of hours used. Does anyone know anymore about this.
> For example what type of hospital equipment, are the tubes still worth
> using after pulled, etc? Please respond to me directly.
>
> Bill, W5VX
> bparry@esconett.net

I know that the 8877 was used in GE MRI's in the past.  This was about 5
years ago.  In fact, I had heard that GE was using matched tubes from
Eimac.  Every once in a while, they uncovered a defective tube, bad match
ect.  GE used to simply disp[ose of the other tube, often brand new rather
than try to match the odd ones up.

When I looked into it, the problem was getting on the list to be the
official scrap vendor for GE.  I never followed it any farther than that.

There must be some hams that work at the GE plant in Wisconsin where they
manufacture the MRI's......anyone know one???

73,
Gary K9GS
 /   FP/K9GS, TO5M   |Society of Midwest Contesters |____________________
(                    |   garyk9gs@solaria.sol.net   |                   /