[AMPS] DX'ers Ooops!

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] DX'ers Ooops!
From: jreid@aloha.net (Jim Reid)
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 19:32:09 -0900
At 08:49 PM 6/18/98 -0800, Rich Measures wrote:

about Jim Reid's post quoted below:

>>Corrected post,  then:
>>
>>"Ken and Jim  even,  thoughtfully,  have photographed
>>one of the linear cabinets,  and have left the doors open
>>allowing a view of the final tubes!   It's the low band
>>amp:  water cooled pair of  4CX100,000A's ( tetrodes
>>with handles!).
>
>The largest air-cooled Eimac tetrode is the 4CX35,000C.  Eimac makes a
>4CW100,000D - a water-cooled tetrode rated at 20kV and 15A.  Typical
>output is c. 150kW   The weight is 60lbs.  No handles are provided.

Yes,  you know,  you are absolutely correct,  Rich.  I looked at the
caption below that linear at the KH7R Vacation site,  and there is
no A,  nor,  for that matter a D.  However,  the tube on the right in
the photo  looked,  to me anyway,  as if it had a handle.  I have
ALWAYS wanted to see a tetrode with handles,  never mind
realizing the dream of operating a rig in which one was
contained!

73,  Jim,  KH7m

PS.  You have to realize that those of us stuck out here on these
isolated Pacific islands sometimes have to create some fun
for ourselves;  something besides drinking rum from our
home sugar cane stills!