[AMPS] power vs. QRM

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] power vs. QRM
From: w3am@juno.com (w3am@juno.com)
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 1998 22:59:07 -0700

On Mon, 3 Aug 98 21:45:50 -0500 Jon Ogden <jono@enteract.com> writes:

>>>NOTHING generates more QRM than CONTESTS!...
>

>>You  mean when THOUSANDS of amateurs exercise their
>>right to activate their radios for THEIR enjoyment and pleasure?
>
>I agree!  It's amazing how some people just cannot handle another's
>favorite mode of operation.  I initially bit my lip on this one, but
>since someone else responded I will too.  It seems there are people
>who
>think that any on air activity other than their own is QRM.  How sad.
>
>Contestors get along fine for the most part with rag chewers, but rag
>chewers simply cannot tolerate contestors.  Being one who likes both,
>see value in both, but come on, let's not call legitimate operating
>"QRM."  Besides, if someone is "QRMing" you then ask them to QSY and
>if
>that doesn't work, QSY yourself.
>
>We all have strong opinions, but let's get along!
>
>73,
>
>Jon
>KE9NA

I wondered how many thin-skinned contesters out there wouldn't get it.  I
must admit, you surprised me.  Geez, guys.  Get a sense of humor.

The tongue-in-cheek point was that one man's operating pleasure is
another's QRM.  Including contesting, ragchewing,  "wasted" CW-only
subbands, W1AW, you name it.

Lighten up!  Have a laugh now and then.  It's just a hobby.

       W3AM  -   Gary Blau
         w3am@juno.com
  http://www.qsl.net/w3am/

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]