[AMPS] power vs. QRM

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] power vs. QRM
From: measures@vc.net (Rich Measures)
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 98 04:08:34 -0800

>> >NOTHING generates more QRM than CONTESTS!...

>> Contestors get along fine for the most part with rag chewers, but rag
>> chewers simply cannot tolerate contestors.

When a contester comes on a busy frequency and starts yelling CQ CONTEST,
all hands need to wait until he is trying listen, turn their speech
processors to stun, run max. suds, and start calling CQ CONTEST.  Is not
turnabout fair play?

>Power increases the level and impact of all qrm.

One should run no more power than is needed to communicate.
>If I choose to enter as or operate among sanctioned contesters, I expect qrm.

Then operate amoung unsanctioned contesters.

>If I choose to enter a pissing contest, I expect qrm.

In a real pissing contest, one runs no speech processing, max. suds,
speaks softly, runs VOX, turns the RX audio gain to zero, calls the other
party on the telephone, and continues with the conversation, totally free
of QRM.
>"illegitimi non carborundum".

Indeed, Pete

Rich...