[AMPS] FYI 3-600Z

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] FYI 3-600Z
From: aa7bg@3rivers.net (Matt--K7BG)
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 1998 00:38:49 -0600
I just noticed this on their web-page.  I have no commercial interest and
all that blather.......
----------------
1. Q. I understand Svetlana is developing a replacement for the 3-500Z.
When will it be
available and how much will it cost?
A. Svetlana is developing an upgraded version of the 3-500Z, which will
carry the nomenclature
3-600Z. This upgraded tube will have a higher plate dissipation rating and
it will be fully
compatible with the existing 3-500Z equipment; that is, the new Svetlana
3-600Z will operate in
original equipment designed for the 3-500Z. In addition, it will be
particularly useful in newly
designed equipment to take advantage of the increased capability of the
Svetlana tube. We
anticipate introducing the tube in late 1999. Pricing has not been
established.

73, Matt--K7BG