[AMPS] Re: RF choke resonates around 23.4 Mhz errr 22.4

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Re: RF choke resonates around 23.4 Mhz errr 22.4
From: measures@vc.net (Rich Measures)
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 98 08:25:05 -0800

>I thank you guys very much for all the help and ideas  you  gave me.
>
>One thing I never thought about is he fact that you can put the choke in the
>"cold end" of the pi tank; (my conservation instinct tells me to stay away of
>that mod , :-),  however it could be a way of solve one´s problem).

Yet another method is to operate the tank at +DC ground, and feed the -HV to
the CT of the fil. transformer.  This eliminates the DC blocking capacitor in
the anode circuit.and reduces the reactance needed by the anode choke (in
parallel with the Load capacitor).
.  I have had good results by multi-grounding the screen collet, applying the
screen supply between gnd and the fil. trans. CT, and using a 2-section HV RFC
with the sections mounted at right angles.  Naturally, the choke resonances
must be parked on safe spots, like 15MHz, 20MHz, on and on..  .  .  A
discussion on design and fabrication of HV RFCs can be found in *Amplifiers* on
my Web site.

Rich. Measures.  Web site:  www.vcnet.com/measures