[AMPS] Purpose of CW/SSB switch

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Purpose of CW/SSB switch
From: w4eto@rmii.com (Richard W. Ehrhorn)
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 10:46:43 -0600
Hello John,

The switch was traditional in our amps for the purposes I mentioned
earlier, and we included it in the 87A mostly with the expectation that
some guys would still want it for lower-power use. But experience over the
first few years indicated that hardly anyone ever used the LO position.
We've left it in the 87A simply so as not to make an unnecessary and
potentially confusing change that might engender the question, "How come MY
new 87A doesn't have a HI/LO switch like Charlie's?"

We've dropped in the later '89 and '91B amps and no one seems to have
noticed or cared.

73,    Dick   W0ID