[AMPS] My old amp

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] My old amp
From: grimm@lynchburg.net (Kenneth D. Grimm)
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 17:17:09 -0400
Wrong.  The Hunter Bandit was no CB amp, of that I am certain.  The
company produced a good quality ham radio product in the early days of
SSB.  They made the original "Loudenboomer,"  I believe.  Hallicrafters
later produced their version of the same amp.  Does anyone know the
story of how that business deal worked?

More to the point, Jon's comments about the voltage on the caps is right
on!  If you go with what you've got, you are taking a pretty big
chance.  At the very minimum you should reduce the surge that  you will
get when you turn the amp on.  Good luck in bringing back one of the
venerable amps of yesteryear.
73,
Ken K4XL

--