[AMPS] Revitalising 'tired' tetrodes

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Revitalising 'tired' tetrodes
From: w7iuv@axtek.com (Larry Molitor)
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 1998 17:05:12 +0100
At 11:18 10/18/98 +0100, you wrote:
>I've got a few tired 4CX1000A ex-broadcast 'pulls', and
>want to revitalise them a bit, if it's possible.......

>73   Chris   GM3WOJ/GM8V
><chris.tran@zetnet.co.uk>

Chris, I've heard from someone who serviced milatary 4CX1000A amps that
extended operation of the heater without any other potentials applied will
lead to low emmision. I have heard this in other forms thru the years and
it may just be another "old wives tale", who knows?

I do knoe that on one 4CX1000A I own, that increasing the heater voltage by
5% above normal brought it's emmision back up to almost spec. It made an
unuseable tube quite useable in normal ham service.

Good luck

Larry - W7IUV