[AMPS] Silver-solder arrives alive!.

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Silver-solder arrives alive!.
From: measures@vc.net (Rich Measures)
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 09:26:47 -0800
Our supply of low-temp silver-solder finally arrived.  The boring saga:
 I ordered silver-tin solder.  The solder manufacturer sent 1500' of
solder on spools which were marked only as "95-5 lead-free".  The solder
turned out to be 5% antimony / 95% tin  I returned the silver-free
solder.  . I reordered.  The solder we received is 6% silver / 94% tin.
It is ideal for soldering Ni-Cr alloys with a soldering-iron.  .

This week, we switched to a smaller diameter Ni-Cr-Fe resistance-wire in
the under 1000w anode-diss. Low VHF-Q parasitic suppressor retrofit kits.
.  This wire has roughly 2/3 more 100MHz-resistance per unit length than
the wire we formerly supplied with such kits.  The continuous current
carrying capacity of the new wire is approx. 3A in free air.    We will
be filing SRK orders this weekend.
.  For those who want to try some of the more-resistive resistance-wire,
the part number is 45.2.  A 10' roll is $1.  10lb. spools are $163 plus
UPS.  Shipping is $1 for small parts orders  .
-  cheers

Rich. Measures.  Web site:  www.vcnet.com/measures