[AMPS] Amp for RTTY?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Amp for RTTY?
From: km1h@juno.com (km1h@juno.com)
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 00:42:42 -0500

On Mon, 9 Nov 1998 09:11:17 +0008 "George T. Daughters"
<gdaught6@leland.Stanford.EDU> writes:

>hi carl (and others),
>
>carl wrote...
>
>> The 1600B is too fragile and requires adding complex protection
>circuits.
>
>too fragile in what way?  i'm still running the first (and only)
>4cx1600b that i used in the building, development, and testing of
>my 1600b amp.  it experienced a couple of "oops!" moments during
>those phases.

I thought I had made it clear but guess not. My contention is that the
1600B is not the best choice for a first amp....I was not discussing
experienced builders.

Also I would expect any serious builder to have complete grid and screen
protection circuitry, considering the ratings,  along with a G3SEK style
screen regulator to give the IMD all the help it can get.

SNIP

73  Carl  KM1H

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]