[AMPS] Fw: [TenTec] Titan info

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Fw: [TenTec] Titan info
From: Peter_Chadwick@mitel.com (Peter Chadwick)
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 14:20:14 -0000
Rich says:

>Curiously, I know of no amplifier manufacturer
>who uses a 110 - 160 volt current limited source for such relays.

I don't think it's curious, Rich. It's a matter of age and experience, and
few people need to worry about speeding up relays these days. SO when they
do, they can get a bit lost. The classic place where current limited high
voltage supplies were used for speeding up electromagnets was in
teleprinters and polarised telegraph relays. If you went into college after
about 1965, you wouldn't have learnt about this.

Isn't there some saying about age and experience will always do the dirty on
youth and enthusiasm?

73

Peter G3RZP